I Have A Night Light Question

Ok, I have what might seem like a odd question to ask. I’m guessing the only people who will know the answer will be those in the USA but I could be wrong.

In lots of American movies you see in kids rooms a really nice kind of lamp. They come in different designs. They rotate around and I think the design must be cut into the lamp shade as the design ‘floats’ around the kids room. Its probably more of a night light than a lamp???

I have seen them in the movie ‘A Cool, Dry Place’ (I’m sure that’s the correct name), in ‘Stir Of Echoes’ and many other movies.

I would love one and have asked many lighting shops here in Oz if they sell them and no one seems to know what I am talking about. I have ‘googled’ them and all I come up with is a ‘Silhouette Light/Night Light’ and ‘Spin Shades’ but when I went to the web sites they were very different to the ones in the moves.

So if anyone out there knows what I am talking about and knows of a web site and can have a look at I would be eternally grateful for your help. Below is a photo of a night light that looks more like the ones in the movies.


UPDATE:  Now that I look at the above photo I don’t think that’s anything like the ones in the movies either. Lol 🙂